Electronic Communications Disclosures and Consent
Please review this document carefully and print a copy for your reference; you can access an online copy at any time by navigating to the “Legal Links” section on our homepage and selecting “Electronic Communications Disclosure and Consent”.
This Electronic Communications Disclosure and Consent applies to all Communications for products and services offered through our website or online applications.
In this Agreement:
- “We,” “us,” “our,” and “HFA” mean Healthcare Financing of America, LLC.
- “You” and “your” mean the person giving this consent, and also each additional authorized representative, agent, or delegate of the person giving this consent.
Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form
When you use a product or service to which this disclosure applies, you agree that we may provide you with any Communications in electronic format, and that we may not send, or may discontinue sending, paper Communications to you, unless or until you withdraw your consent as described below. You also consent to the use of electronic signatures in your relationship with us.
You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (the “Act”), and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form
When we deliver electronic Communications to you, we will either: (1) email them to you; (2) post them on our website; (3) present them on-screen or for download through one of our online or mobile services; (4) include them in other electronic Communications that we are delivering to you, such as electronic account statements; or (5) in the manner specified in any other agreement we have with you. If we are not emailing or presenting the information to you directly, we will tell you where you can go to view that information.
How to Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic form by contacting our customer service center at 1-888-889-7033 or by emailing email@example.com. No fees will be imposed to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications; however your access and use of the HFA online platform or its mobile application to manage your payments or access your account information may be terminated. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
How to Update Your Records
It is your responsibility to provide and maintain a current e-mail address and other contact information. You can update information by contacting our customer service center at 1-888-889-7033, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by updating your profile on the HFA online platform.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications that we make available to you, you must have:
- A computer or mobile device
- A connection to the internet
- A current version of a web browser that supports 128 bit encryption Transport Layered Security (TLS) 1.1 or higher. For the best results, we recommend you utilize the most current version of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge
- A valid, active email address with an internet service provider and e-mail software
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit
- A current version of a program that displays PDF files (such as Adobe Reader(R))
- An operating system and an internet connection capable of receiving, accessing, displaying, and either printing or storing Communications, disclosures, and/or notices received from us in electronic form via a plain text-formatted e-mail or by access to our website using one of the browsers specified above
If our hardware and software requirements change, and that change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain electronic Communications, we will give you notice of the change. Continuing to use our electronic services after receiving notice of updates to our system requirements signifies your acceptance of the change and reaffirmation of your consent.
Requesting Paper Copies
We will not send you a paper copy of any Communication, disclosure and/or notice unless you request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic communication, disclosure and/or notice by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such a request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic communication, disclosure and/or notice to you. To request a paper copy, please contact our customer service center at 1-888-889-7033 or email us at email@example.com.
Communications in Writing
All Communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered “in writing”. You should print or download a copy of this disclosure and any other communication and/or notice that is important to you.